Thursday, February 19, 2009

In a land called Honalee

So my friend and I have been joking recently about my Halloween costume in first grade.  I dressed up as a dinosaur, and I have to say that the costume was pretty freakin sweet.  It made me upset though, because everyone was under the misconception that I was Puff the Magic Dragon.  Who was this Puff fellow anyways I wondered?  I had never heard of him, and I was really quite annoyed that everyone was mistaking me for him!  I was a DINOSAUR, thank you very much....
Anyways, my friend and I were reminiscing about this just the other day and she laughed because I still had no idea who Puff was.  I thought I did, but apparently I was confused with Pete's Dragon.  So many Dragons, so little time....But I have just been shown the error of my ways.  She showed me the video with the song about Puff the Magic Dragon (Just a song, who knew?  I thought it was a movie or something.)
It's a really melancholy song.  I liked it, but it left me feeling a little lonely.  Here it starts out as this fun upbeat song about imagination and fantasy, but ends up with Puff being left all alone for eternity.  His friend that he had grown up with, who was a human, had died.  Puff was immortal and from then on lived by himself in a cave.  Who writes songs like these?  I don't know why it was so sad to me, but whatever.  Here's the link for it too, so you can all watch it and feel sad like I did.  Hahaha.



5 comments:

mckenna said...

It's Honalee, actually. The land is called Honalee. You should actually look up the history of the song on wikipedia. It's quite interesting!! :)

womanoforangerinds8 said...

Oooo! I wore that costume once too. I remember accidentally dragging my tail in a plate of mustard at a church event. Mom was soooo mad! She made the darn thing, after all. Tee hee. Children will be children...and I was such a mischievous creature.

Katie Robertson said...

Wow, ya, the song makes a lot more sense now that I've read about it, thanks Mckenna. Look at you and your little storehouse of knowledge :P Way to be! Ashley, you must be the reason mom made me hold the tail all day. I hated it! It almost made me cry because my arms were tired. It was heavy...

Unknown said...

I wrote the history of that song for Wikipedia. You can never trust it. You should see some of the crazy edits I've made! :) I love that song, too. And it makes me sad...

Katie Robertson said...

You really wrote it? Weird.....hahaha