Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

My brother had his wedding reception yesterday and it went really well. Basically it was my wedding, which is a little depressing because now I feel like I have to do stuff differently (at least a little bit), but I still really enjoyed it. They had it where I wanted (and in all fairness, where I suggested), she had the same colors, she had fish bowls as the centerpieces, there were paper lanterns as the decorations, and she had the person I want to have make my cake do hers. I mean, I'm pretty flexible on the whole issue, especially considering I'm not even close to getting married or even having a boyfriend, but it was still a little strange to think about it as I watched everyone coming and going. The decorations looked fantastic. I was really impressed with how everything worked out.
The things I want to do differently at my reception are pretty simple, but non-negotiable. I WILL be wearing converse. The end. There WILL be a bouncey castle, but only for the adults. It will rock. Also I want to have a candy table with little 'to-go grab bags' that people can fill up with M&Ms and whatever we put on the table. There will be runts and they will all be separated so people only have to take the kinds they want. Brilliant, eh? I plan to hoard most the banana ones for myself. Don't judge. Also, I will not have little goldfish in my fishbowls. They'll be something awesomely exotic, or just colorful betas at least. I will pick out my fish, thank you very much. There were 16 little goldfish last night and I really disliked 3 of them. The rest were cute but those 3 were a creepy pale white-ish color and looked sickly. No bueno. Only fish of complete coolness for me.
Soon I'll be out of the whole wedding mood and life will go back to boring non-eventfulness (non-counting my trip to the Philippines, cuz that's gonna rock!). I mentioned today that I would really like to take my old 10 gallon tank and put a mini aquarium in my room, and my mom sounded like she wasn't halfway opposed to the idea. From past experience I'm taking that to mean that she is persuadable, and since I'm a very persistent brat, I think it'll work out in my favor. Of course this is all with the caviot that I get my room clean enough to actually put a fish tank in it in the first place. There is so much STUFF e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e......I should probably store more of it in the attic. Man, when I get married we won't have to register for hardly anything. I've got a ton of kitchen stuff from when I moved to Provo, I have enough furniture to fill a pretty average sized house, and I have every book and tv series/movie you could possibly want. Well...that's a huge exaggeration, but I feel pretty well prepared. I have so many things being kept up in the attic right now for later use, and the amount of stuff is about to double. I just don't have room in my room (weird sentence, haha). Anywho, back to the fish tank. I'm pretty stoked, not gonna lie. I wanna put purple, blue, and green gravel on the bottom. Not mixed together, but side by side on a diagonal, if that makes any sense. So I'd have purple in the back left corner, blue in the front right corner, and green in the middle, or something like that. Then I have some decorative sandstone rock formations that my parents bought for me on a trip to Yellowstone or somewhere of the like. And then I'm gonna fill the tank with tetras and neon-flourescent fish. They have plenty at Petco and Petsmart. I'm all over this. Boo-freaking-ya.
Anyways, I just felt the need to write something, so here I am, sharing with you this completely useless information. Hope you enjoy it. Buahahaha.

1 comment:

womanoforangerinds8 said...

Oh gosh. I enjoyed it immensely, except for right now my eyes are doing weird things on me because of the dang coloring on my blog. I'm kidding. You keep whichever colors you like on your blog. Yeah, I know. You'd do it without my permission.

If that's what you want for your own reception, then just do it! You can't have too much of a good thing after all. Right? Just make sure the dude you find to marry doesn't really care about details. And it wasn't exactly a bad reception...I mean, after I stopped wanting to puke and all that good stuff. It was nice. I think I'd like lanterns of a more japanese style...without the colors. I would just want white/yellow paper with candles/light glimmering through. Just make sure you don't pick red lanterns, because...well, you know what that means.

This blog made me laugh. Your personality shoneth. I enjoy reading your blogs, I've decided. Arguing with you hurts, hearing about you changes my opinion of you and me, and reading about you and your thoughts is fun. The end.