Thursday, April 2, 2009

Short Trip Home

So I'm kind of sort of stealing Stacey's idea of having a song of the moment, but this is rather a song of the last million moments, if that makes any sense.  I've heard this song a lot lately and it's been stuck in my head.  I just think that it has some very interesting lyrics.  It's kind of cool to just listen to the lyrics rather than the song.  Anyways, I put it up here for your entertainment.  :D  I don't know how to add a song to my blog, otherwise I'd put it up for you to hear it too.  

The Story Of The Grandson Of Jesus

Today is a good day to flex the muscles of the weary.
A miracle's a miracle even when it's ordinary.
We will walk on the water even though it seems scary
If someone will show us the way.

I shook hands with the man who honestly thinks he's
The grandson of Jesus with a penchant for pinchies.
He served us communion of cola and twinkies
Guess everyone has their own view.

He stood on his soapbox and told us a parable
Of a man with eye-glasses so small they're unwearable,
And the moral of the story is that all looks terrible
Depending on what you look through, what you look through.

He said, "Do unto yourself as you do unto your neighbor.
It's not an eye for an eye, it's a favor for a favor.
And it's okay if this world had a billion saviors
Cause there's so many things to be saved."

Take my words with a boulder of salt
Or blame it on your devil, always the scape-goat's fault.
We all point fingers when it comes to a halt.
Will somebody show show us the way?

Show us the way......

4 comments:

womanoforangerinds8 said...

You can find a YouTube video and post it directly into the 'compose' part of your post. There's a little movie reel icon by all the other formatting junk. Take that. (The word verification for commenting is annoying, by the way.) =)

Katie Robertson said...

I've never seen the music video. I just wanted to attach a song file, and it was taking too long to do that, so I gave it up as a lost cause for now. :D

mckenna said...

I like the lyrics, I'll have to look up the song. You can actually go to projectplaylist.com and set up an account, search for a song, add it and copy and paste an html link to your blog to post the song. Lots of people do that. (Not as complicated as it sounds). :) Anyway, fun to see everyone last week! I love getting together and just laughing and hanging out.

Katie Robertson said...

Good call Mckenna. We'll see if this works! :D It should, you just have to click on the song, it's on the right page and all that jazz. Man I love Cloud Cult.