Saturday, January 31, 2009

Rule the world.....well anyway

So I just watch Dr. Horrible's Sing-along blog.  It was amazing.  I didn't know that it was written by Joss Whedon, which made it so much better for me.  He is one of my favorite directors/producers, mainly because of his series Firefly and the corresponding movie Serenity.  Those are both a must see for anybody out there.  Seriously, go watch them.  Now.  I'm also a big fan of Nathan Fillion, who has had a rather depressing career.  Basically every show that I've seen him in has for some reason flopped before the end of the first season.  This makes me really sad because they turned out to be some of my favorites.  One of the more recent ones was the tv series Drive, which came out a couple years ago.  It ended up being cancelled, and I was very disappointed.  It was one of the only shows that I actually bothered to watch on tv each week.  Oh well, I guess some things just don't work out the way they should.  I was a little disappointed to see him playing such a creep though, but at least there was singing!  I had no idea that Neil Patrick Harris could sing.  I was seriously impressed, he has an amazing voice.  I also loved the songs, which doesn't mean much coming from me since I like pretty much any music, but these songs were really amazing.  They were fun and had a lot of meaning, which is always a good combination.  Plus, even though the words were kind of cheesy at times, they were surprisingly clever and the music itself was phenomenal.  Overall it had some of the best music I've personally ever heard.  I wish that there was more, rather than just a 45 minute episode.  At least Nathan Fillion didn't get cancelled in the middle of it though, hahaha.

No comments: